This frittata is really a blank palette to which you can add whatever veggies you like. I use cooked organic broccoli and organic sun-dried tomatoes in the winter. In the summer I use zucchini, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil--all fresh from the garden.
The recipe is simple but it's filling and delicious. The frittata keeps in the fridge for a few days but never lasts that long because my whole family loves it! It's a great dish to have on hand if you're on a restrictive diet like Slow Carb, Bulletproof or Paleo.
- 5 Large Eggs
- 14 oz Coconut Cream (1 can)
- 3/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 cup Organic Broccoli cooked, chopped florets
- 1/2 cup Organic Sun-Dried Tomatoes from jar, packed in EVOO, chopped
- Beat the eggs.
- Mix the coconut cream, sea salt and onion powder into the beaten eggs.
- Mix in any vegetables.
- Pour the whole mixture into one or more 9-inch pie pans. It isn't necessary to grease the pan as there's plenty of fat in the coconut cream.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour, or until the middle is slightly firm.
Looks good…! I will try this for sure. Thanks for the recipe.Reply