▷ The Crazy Benefits of Pink Himalayan Salt (2020 Update)
  • Home  / 
  • Food
  •  /  Health Benefits of Organic Pink Himalayan Salt

We earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Health Benefits of Organic Pink Himalayan Salt

Reviewed by Laura Myers, RDN on Sep 29, 2018
Written by Joycy D'mello
Health benefits of pink himalayan salt

Himalayan salt is excavated in the salt mines of Khewra in Pakistan. The Himalayan rock salt crystals are beautiful with different shades of red, pink, and white, and are sometimes even transparent. These crystals have numerous health benefits and are more readily available than ever before.

Here we will cover some of the health benefits of the salt in cooking, bathing, and via Himalayan salt lamp. Then we’ll show you some of the many unusual lamps available for purchase.

Health Benefits of Pink Himalayan Salt

Did you know that the white table salt most people use is actually 96.5% sodium chloride? The other 3.5% consists of moisture absorbents and iodine. These moisture absorbents prevent the caking of the white salt while in its container but are they healthy for you?

Additionally, most of the world's salt comes from oceans and salt deposits. This wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that now our oceans are so polluted that salt must be chemically cleaned and heated to a temperature of over 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit. It is also bleached to appear white and pristine. These processes strip the salt of the minerals and elements within it that have health benefits.

Which brings our conversation to pink Himalayan salt. Known to contain 84 minerals and elements that have numerous health benefits, especially when working together, Himalayan salt is 85.6% sodium chloride. The remaining 14.4% is essential minerals such as magnesium, calcium, sulfate, potassium, iron, zinc, selenium, bicarbonate, bromide, borate, strontium and fluoride. Himalayan salt is naturally occurring and mined by hand at high altitudes. This delicately pink salt hasn't been exposed to pollutants to the same degree as ocean-mined salt.

The health benefits of Himalayan salt are numerous. This relatively hard to find substance has been found to regulate your body systems and sleep hygiene. It promotes a healthy pH within cells, which can help reduce acid reflux. It also promotes lasting bone strength, sinus health, and vascular health, and aids in proper metabolism functioning.

It assists with the absorption of nutrients within your intestinal tract as well as balancing the electrolytes in your body. It also helps to regulate the blood sugar levels and prevents you from getting muscle cramps and goiter (iodine deficiency). Additionally, this salt improves circulation and helps remove toxins from your body. Finally, salt is essential for the regulation of blood pressure.

Switch to Healthier Salt Now

Himalayan Salt Benefits:
  • Promotes healthy pH balance in the human cells, especially brain cells
  • Regulates water content throughout the body
  • Supports the respiratory system
  • check
    Helps to reduce the signs of aging (when used topically)
  • check
    Promotes healthy blood sugar levels
  • check
    Reduces sinus problems
  • check
    Promotes good bone health
  • check
    Reduces muscle cramps
  • check
    Promotes vascular health
  • check
    Regulates blood pressure

Himalayan salt is one of the purest and most valuable available salts on the planet. It is completely natural and full of nutrients, minerals, and healing properties. This salt is the amalgamation of the eighty-four elements that are found in the human body.

Not only is Himalayan salt healthy for the human body, it's also useful for getting glowing skin and is widely used as a bath soak. It has natural healing properties that relax the body and mind.

Get The Himalayan Salt As Nature Intended It

Today, the ordinary salts that we use in cooking and other health care cosmetics are hazardous to our health. Himalayan salt has spent more than two hundred and fifty million years hidden beneath the earth maturing, with far less exposure to toxins.

This salt structure is a store of good energy. It has natural minerals and other unique elements that are found in a colloidal state. This means the cells are so tiny that the body readily absorbs them. When it comes to natural salts, nothing comes close to Himalayan salt and here are some reasons why:

  • Mined by hand and hand washed