Bacterial vaginosis can be a stubborn, painful, and annoying disease that you will want to get rid of as fast as possible if you have it.
So what is bacterial vaginosis? Essentially, bacterial vaginosis is a disease that is caused by a changing in the bacteria of the vagina. The vagina is considerably more sensitive to changes in bacteria when compared to the male reproductive system, and changes in that bacterial environment can cause inflammation and discomfort.
The female reproductive system is larger and much more sensitive to pH imbalance and bacterial changes, which can ultimately cause diseases and infections.
So what can you do if you think you may have a case of bacterial vaginosis? The great news is that there are some excellent home remedies that you can use to cure it.
Home Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis
1) Apple Cider Vinegar
The great thing about using an acid like apple cider vinegar to help cure your bacterial vaginosis, is that the acidity of the vinegar will help bring your vagina’s pH back to a normal level. There are two different ways that you can use apple cider vinegar. One of them involves a direct application onto the vagina, and the other is ingesting it as a means of getting rid of the infection.
You can either:
- Put some apple cider vinegar in warm water and apply it to your vagina twice per day, for two to three days
- Drink a mixture of apple cider vinegar (one to two tablespoons), warm water, and honey twice per day
Apple Cider Vinegar Fat-Loss Mystery Explained
Jake Carney explains the research on ACV
Garlic is not only extremely potent, but also has some extremely useful antibacterial and antiseptic properties that can help you get rid of your bacterial vaginosis. Garlic could actually be considered one of the most effective home remedies for getting rid of bacterial vaginosis.
There are a few different ways that you can use garlic to cure your bacterial vaginosis:
- Combine a couple of drops of garlic oil with with a teaspoon of vitamin E oil and coconut oil. Apply that mixture to your vagina twice daily.
- You can also start throwing more garlic into your cooking at home by adding cloves, minced garlic, or garlic powder to your meals.
- Another great option is in taking garlic supplement pills. You can usually get these in the grocery store or any supplement store.
3) Tea Tree Oil
Using essential oils properly is another really effective way to get rid of bacterial infections. Tea tree oil is handy because it has natural antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that will help eliminate any unpleasant odors that are caused by the infection. It will also help treat irritating symptoms and inflammation caused by the bacterial infection.Just put two to three drops of tea tree oil in some warm water and use that to clean the vagina. Use this method for two to three days or until symptoms improve.
Did you know that using chamomile tea can effectively treat and eliminate system of bacterial vaginosis? It’s pretty simple too! Chamomile is a soothing herb that can restore balance to the pH levels and bacteria of your vagina.
Here’s how you can use it:
- Boil some water- Steep a bag of chamomile tea in a glass of hot water
- Let the tea steep for about one minute
- Remove the tea bag, and let the tea cool in your refrigerator and let the tea sit for 10-15 minutes
From here, you can either insert the tea bag directly into the vagina or you can apply the cool tea from the bag or the cup to apply to the outside and inside of the vagina.
5) Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is a cheap, effective, and easy to use natural chemical that you can use to treat just about any kind of bacterial infection. It will help disinfect your vagina, reduce pain, inflammation, and itchiness, and halt and/or reduce the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Combine equal parts water and hydrogen peroxide in something that you can pour
- Cleanse your vagina with that solution, and let it sit for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, rinse your vagina with cold water
Is it hard to believe that something that you have sitting in your refrigerator could be the perfect cure for your bacterial vaginosis? Yogurt has a positive balance of healthy bacteria for your vagina, and it is also really helpful at eliminating pain, itchiness, and discomfort.
You can use it in two different ways:
- Eat yogurt daily to improve your vagina’s pH balance
- Use a tampon or clean applicator to apply yogurt to the inside of the vagina. Let it sit for 1-2 hours and then remove it
Now you have six excellent home remedies for getting rid of bacterial vaginosis. Did you enjoy this list article? If you did, feel free to share it with a friend. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to add it to the section below.